Weekend 6: Pier 39


Our trip to Pier 39 on our 6th weekend was very fun. We started by getting lunch in Chinatown again. While in Chinatown, we passed a Chinese barberpole, so I just had to take a picture. For those who are unaware, I am involved in the YSU's barbershop chorus, One Achord. My infatuation with barbershop music has lead me to relish the peculiar nuances of the art form, such as barber pole appreciation. Click here for a quick video of the barbershop quartet "The Newfangled Four" singing in front of the worlds tallest barberpole as reference.



We first went into the Aquarium of the Bay. It wasn't that big but there was a pretty wide variety. I admit I don't very well remember what kinds of animals I've seen at the Toledo Zoo/ Aquarium, but I think this was the first time I've seen sea otters. There was some other intriguing aquatic life like stingrays, jellyfish, and octopuses.







On the lower part the pier, mostly everything was gift stores. For me, not very exciting. Alex and I bought some taffy at a candy store at the far end of the pier. We spent a good amount of time just looking at the water. Next, we went to a Christmas store. I was mostly interested in knowing what exactly they sell during this time of year. It turned out they were just selling ornaments and mugs. As we went back outside, there was a magic show starting. We thought we would watch for a little bit. The magician claimed he would hammer a nail into his head through the tip of his nose, which it seemed he did, but there was way too much build up. As we looked around the second level of the pier, we stumbled upon a maze of mirrors. It was 5 dollars to get in so I wasn't sure it would be worth it but we gave it a try. Let me just say I totally ate my words. That five dollars and 10 minutes brought me more entertainment than some movies I've seen. I would do it again with a new group of people in a heartbeat.







Next, we bought some cookie batter, shopped for some spices, and took a look at a puzzle store. In the puzzle shop there was a V-cube, which is just a pillowed 3x3 Rubik's Cube. I had never solved a V-Cube before so that was interesting. It didn't move as well as I imagined it would.

Before leaving the pier, we stopped by the sea lion viewing spot. Unfortunately, there weren't that many and they were far away, but they were still cool. What I wish I saw

On our way back through Chinatown, I decided to take us to the Dragon Gate for some pictures.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 Review: 9/6 - 9/10

Week 8 Review: 7/23 - 7/27