Fourth weekend in California

This weekend we decided to go to Golden Gate park and just wander around. When we got to San Francisco we walked to a small Korean place Alina had found. It was beautifully authentic and they brought all of us water on the first try, which was the first time San Francisco had managed that. We ordered authentic rice dishes called bibimbap. Alina and I ordered it in hot bowls. While we waited we just talked about random things and past stories. The three of us have gotten pretty close throughout this journey, its nice to know I'm not alone in this big new place. When our food came it featured an under cooked egg on top. We mixed that egg with the hot rice and were able to watch it finish cooking. In addition to the egg cooking the rice was browning in Alina and I's bowls. You had to be careful to stir every once in a while, so the rice didn't stick, but I was really glad I got the hot bowl, the crispy rice at the bottom was the best part. It was very good but also way too much food for one sitting, so all of us, even Tyler, brought the leftovers with us.
Next we walked to the Golden Gate park. We spent the first half of the morning touring the botanical gardens. The entire place was beautiful and made me feel so close to nature. I don't think I'd ever get tired of being there. There were little paths off the main trail that I kept wandering off too. I think Alina and Tyler were getting tired of my disappearing acts, but I couldn't help but want to see as much of the nature as I could. There's also something serene about being alone in nature, which I'd been missing in the bustling city. In addition to beautiful plants we were surrounded by cultures too. There were plants from around the world condensed in one garden. We saw redwoods, Asian flora, and ancient fauna. There was also a huge cactus patch and an entire Australian area. We even got to see wedding flowers as someone was having there wedding in the middle of the garden.
After the garden we started the long journey to see the bison. Along the way we stopped to see landmarks of the park including the island strawberry hill, which we walked to the top of, and a polo field. We encountered beautiful cross at the top of a hill, that I would love to hike up and see, a music festival, and a bunch of happy people gathering with friends and families as we crossed the park. The journey itself was reward enough but at the end we were able to see the animals the proceeded us in America. It was humbling a little sad to think that these poor animals had to lose so much of their population for ours to grow. Though the animals are slowing coming back with human assistance, it is still a good reminder how our actions can hurt others. I was very glad we were able to see these amazing surviving creatures.

Despite walking all across the park there's still so much left to do! We spent a whole day and barely scratched the surface.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 Review: 9/6 - 9/10

Week 9 Review: 7/30 - 8/3