Week 2 Review: 6/11 - 6/15

Another week gone by and a little bit more done. I have learned a lot more about the origin of my project data and a more descriptive version of what my project goal is. I am working on network data flow prediction by multivariate clustering in time windows. The data is coming from TStat which monitors over a hundred variables of TCP (Transmission Control Protocols). Basically, I'm getting a ton of measurements for different TCP variables and will be looking for the variables that are most closely related to the behavior of network traffic in different time intervals. Well, nobody said this was going to be easy.

I have a research proposal due in a week that I got a pretty good start on. It encompasses the main idea, goal, and contribution of the project. I have also set up a slide show presentation for Monday to introduce my project officially to other members of the SDM (Scientific Data Management) group.

I learned a bit more about other tools I may be using such as t-SNE and DBSCAN. I used t-SNE, a dimensionality reduction tool, on the same data set from last week. The result is a bit obscure.
There was a bit too much going on to be useful and it also took forever to run. So I took a 10% sample of the previous data and ran it again with a few different parameters.






 Pretty cool I'd say. Though, it may have less relevance now than I thought it would have. Regardless, this means I can start doing more hardcore work on my actual data.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 Review: 9/6 - 9/10

Week 9 Review: 7/30 - 8/3